SOAP::Lite packaging problem

  • Viner, David
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2004
      Hi,

      In looking at the SOAP::Lite CPAN package, it is named 'SOAP-Lite-0.60a',
      but when it's unpacked, it creates a directory named 'SOAP-Lite-0.60'.
      According to the standard CPAN.pm documentation, these names are supposed to
      be identical. I realize this is a bit nit-picking, but it causes problems
      for some automated installation tools that I use.

      Can you publish either a SOAP-Lite-0.61 or change the directory name to
      match the package name?

      thanks
      dave
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2004
        The file name of "SOAP::Lite 0.60a" was an artifact of CPANs upload
        system not allowing two packages with the same name to be registered,
        and a miscommunication between Paul and I in the hand off of release
        management. I worked with CPAN to fix it, but that is the solution they
        came up with. :-(

        This will be fixed when we release 0.65 next week.