SOAP::Lite and HTTP keep-alive

  • Harald Weidner
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16 4:06 AM
      Hallo,

      Is there a way to make use of the HTTP/1.1 keep-alive feature when
      calling several methods of a web service within a few seconds? I'd
      like to get rid of the SSL handshake delay, but could not find anything
      in the manual page.

      I am using SOAP::Lite 0.60a from CPAN.

      Regards,
      Harald

      --
      Harald Weidner hweidner@...
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2004
        Because SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client extends LWP::UserAgent, all
        methods available to it are also available to your SOAP Clients.

        For example, HTTP keep alive is accomplished using LWP::UserAgent using
        the following code:

        my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(
        keep_alive => 1,
        timeout => 30
        );

        The same initialization parameters you would/could pass to
        LWP::UserAgent can also be passed to your SOAP::Lite client proxy
        subroutine like so:

        my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        ->uri($uri)
        ->proxy($proxyUrl,
        timeout => 5,
        keep_alive => 1,
        );

        Presto. HTTP Keep-alive.

        Harald Weidner wrote:

        > Hallo,
        >
        > Is there a way to make use of the HTTP/1.1 keep-alive feature when
        > calling several methods of a web service within a few seconds? I'd
        > like to get rid of the SSL handshake delay, but could not find anything
        > in the manual page.
        >
        > I am using SOAP::Lite 0.60a from CPAN.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Harald
        >
        > --
        > Harald Weidner hweidner@...

      • haltarac
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2005
          Any hints on how to do the same when using a WSDL with SOAP::Lite
          0.65_6 ?

          Thanks