XMLRPC in daemon mode

  • drfousth
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 5:58 AM
      Hi,

      I noticed that the XMLRPC daemon does not fork on an incoming request,
      it seems to handle anything only serial (where do i find _any_
      documentation about the XMLRPC implementation that comes with
      SOAP::Lite , and its behaviour? ). We don't want to have a webserver
      running for XMLRPC, but we need to handle lots of parallel requests. I
      don't know how to get this working. Would be nice to have a transport
      module that could be used with inetd, i don't really want to write a
      wrapper for that.

      Thanks,

      Sven
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10 1:46 AM
        > I noticed that the XMLRPC daemon does not fork on an incoming request,
        > it seems to handle anything only serial (where do i find _any_
        > documentation about the XMLRPC implementation that comes with
        > SOAP::Lite , and its behaviour? ). We don't want to have a webserver
        > running for XMLRPC, but we need to handle lots of parallel requests. I
        > don't know how to get this working. Would be nice to have a transport
        > module that could be used with inetd, i don't really want to write a
        > wrapper for that.

        The XMLRPC::Lite package is not designed to be a complete daemon/server
        solution. Nor is SOAP::Lite. Both are object frameworks around which you can
        build a server and/or daemon.

        There are examples of doing this, using the XMLRPC::Lite::Transport high-level
        driver-class. Look in the "examples/XMLRPC" directory, specifically at the file
        "xmlrpc.daemon". This does not fork, either, but it illustrates how one would
        write a daemon for XMLRPC::Lite (it uses HTTP::Daemon as the listener). You
        will have to provide the forking, either by sub-classing an existing transport
        class, or by using something like Net::Server.

        Randy
        Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

        Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org