Re: [soaplite] java client for SOAP::Lite server

    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2001
      Hi, Douglas!

      Right. It works this way. The only thing that SOAP::Lite server does
      magically is returning modified object back on client side. Say you
      have an object on client side. When you make a call object itself can
      be modified, but there is no way to return modified object (because
      result of call is returned), so SOAP::Lite returns object as a SOAP
      Header. Client side will recover it and update your object
      accordingly. You can do the same thing in Java client, but you need
      to write this code yourself. Everything will work WITHOUT this piece,
      only Java client won't be able to see changes in object that came
      from server side (if any).

      Everything else is just "formatted text strings", no magic there :))

      > directly to make a message and LWP::UserAgent to send it rather
      In fact you can reuse Client libraries calling send_receive method,
      in that case you can get M-POST, redirects, and all low level code.
      Almost all components can be used separately. Be warned however about
      planned changes in send_receive interface. There will be more
      communications between Serializer, Transport and Deserializer. I'm
      making those changes as much compatible with current code as
      possible, but undocumented features may not work as worked before.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/