Cannot encode '_cgi' element as 'hash'. Will be encoded as 'map' instead

  • jozefn777
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
      I keep getting the error in the subject as a warning. I do not
      understand why. I am returning other hashes within hashes in the
      record return.

      '_cgi' => { '.charset' => 'ISO-8859-1',
      '.parameters' => [],
      '.fieldnames' => ''
      },

      Is this because of my .parameters => []?

      The message keeps comming up - about 9 times.

      Any ideas? Thanks.
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
        > I keep getting the error in the subject as a warning. I do not
        > understand why. I am returning other hashes within hashes in the
        > record return.
        >
        > '_cgi' => { '.charset' => 'ISO-8859-1',
        > '.parameters' => [],
        > '.fieldnames' => ''
        > },
        >

        > Is this because of my .parameters => []?

        When encoding a field SOAP::Lite uses the field name as the element
        name. XML restricts the characters that can comprise an element name and
        one rule is that a name
        cannot begin with a dot (the initial character must be alphanumeric, _
        or :).

        Regards
        Duncan Cameron