Access to Header on server before dispatching request

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004
      Hi all,

      I'm looking for a way to access the header information on server side
      before actualy executing the request.

      My header includes session information that I want to validate before
      continuing with the request.

      I have something like...

      $soap->request( HTTP::Request ref );

      ... validate session from Header ...

      $soap->handle();

      return $soap->response();

      To be more precise I would like to read from the header before
      executing the request and I need to "enhance" the header after the
      called method returned before returning the result document. The
      basic idea is to include server side session authentification that is
      transparent to the module called.

      Thanks for any idea/help!

      BR
      Marcus
    • sihambenabbou
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20 4:17 AM
        Hi all,

        I'm facing the same issue Marcus raised some time earlier. It is
        regarding the server access to the soap header (sent by the client as
        part of the soap message) before the server can dispatch the request
        sent by the client.

        I will appreciate any help to tackle this.

        Marcus, if you have been able to solve the problem out, I would be
        greatful if you can post the solution on this mailing list for us to
        take advantage of it.

        Best Regards,
        Siham
        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Marcus" <teasysmail@y...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm looking for a way to access the header information on server side
        > before actualy executing the request.
        >
        > My header includes session information that I want to validate before
        > continuing with the request.
        >
        > I have something like...
        >
        > $soap->request( HTTP::Request ref );
        >
        > ... validate session from Header ...
        >
        > $soap->handle();
        >
        > return $soap->response();
        >
        > To be more precise I would like to read from the header before
        > executing the request and I need to "enhance" the header after the
        > called method returned before returning the result document. The
        > basic idea is to include server side session authentification that is
        > transparent to the module called.
        >
        > Thanks for any idea/help!
        >
        > BR
        > Marcus
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2004
          This is a common request among SOAP::Lite users so I thought I would
          answer this more extensively as an article on majordojo.

          To learn how you can intercept the request and response objects and
          create your own little handler chain using SOAP::Lite, check out the
          following article:

          http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000464.php