Attempting to understand ->proxy

  • Joseph Norris
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2004
      Group,

      I am a little confused about the proxy side of SOAP::Lite. What is
      its purpose and how do I determine on a system where soap is running
      if proxy for soap is set up as it should be. I have attempted to
      bypass this but I get the following errror:

      Transport is not specified (using proxy() method or service
      description)

      The documentation leads me to believe that I do not have to use proxy
      but maybe I am reading it wrong - or I am just confused.

      Thanks.
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2004
        At 15:32:24 on 2004-02-19 Joseph Norris <sirronj@...> wrote:

        >Group,
        >
        >I am a little confused about the proxy side of SOAP::Lite. What is
        >its purpose and how do I determine on a system where soap is running
        >if proxy for soap is set up as it should be. I have attempted to
        >bypass this but I get the following errror:
        >
        >Transport is not specified (using proxy() method or service
        >description)
        >
        >The documentation leads me to believe that I do not have to use proxy
        >but maybe I am reading it wrong - or I am just confused.

        In SOAP::Lite the term proxy is used simply for the server to which you
        want to connect. It is not a 'http proxy' as you would understand that.

        Regards
        Duncan