Problem Accessing SOAP Fault Info

  • crosen9999
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2004
      I am looking for a method of accessing SOAP fault info when calling
      services through WSDL. Apparently, the result of SOAP calls made in
      this fashion is not a SOAP:SOM object (but rather a Hash containing
      the return type specified in the WSDL):

      use SOAP::Lite
      my $wsdl = "file:./abc.wsdl";
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service($wsdl);
      my $res = $soap->hi();
      # $res is NOT a SOAP::SOM object
      print "faultcode: ",$res -> faultcode, "\n"; # NO GOOD!
      # $res -> faultcode does not exist, even when +trace shows that a
      faultcode is returned in the SOAP body

      Many thanks in advance for any help.

      - Cliff
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2004
        > I am looking for a method of accessing SOAP fault info when calling
        > services through WSDL. Apparently, the result of SOAP calls made in
        > this fashion is not a SOAP:SOM object (but rather a Hash containing
        > the return type specified in the WSDL):
        >
        > use SOAP::Lite
        > my $wsdl = "file:./abc.wsdl";
        > my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service($wsdl);
        > my $res = $soap->hi();
        > # $res is NOT a SOAP::SOM object
        > print "faultcode: ",$res -> faultcode, "\n"; # NO GOOD!
        > # $res -> faultcode does not exist, even when +trace shows that a
        > faultcode is returned in the SOAP body
        >
        > Many thanks in advance for any help.

        Cliff
        You can get the (SOM) result of the most recent call through
        $soap->call()

        see this prior response

        Regards

        Duncan