SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI....how to "output xml"?

  • mscharbe
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      Sorry. I'm new to SOAP::Lite and have a Perl package I'm dispatching
      CGI-based SOAP messages to. This package is returning raw XML. How
      can I specify that the return content from this package should be
      packaged, as is, in a SOAP Envelope? Currently I am getting back my
      XML content, wrapped in a <s-gensym3> element, with "<" signs converted
      to "<".

      I noticed, and tried, the outputxml option from a client (SOAP::Lite),
      which worked fine. How then can I implement this on the server?

      The C++ client I'm working with, is rightfully coughing on the
      unexpected <s-gensym3> and "<" strings.

      Thanks

      Here's my CGI server/proxy:

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      use SOPAC::SOAP::GeodeticCampaign;

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      ->
      dispatch_with({'http://sopac.ucsd.edu/ns/soap/GeodeticCampaignService'
      => 'SOPAC::SOAP::GeodeticCampaign' })
      -> options({compress_threshold => 10000})
      -> on_action(sub {
      (my $action = shift) =~ s/^("?)(.+)\1$/$2/;
      die "SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method'\n" if $action ne join
      '#', @_;
      })
      -> handle
      ;
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2004
        Take a look at an Amazon REST2SOAP gateway I created. In its code samples
        I use a CGI to receive a SOAP request, make a REST call, and the wrap the
        REST response in a SOAP response envelope...

        http://www.majordojo.com/amazon_query/

        > Sorry. I'm new to SOAP::Lite and have a Perl package I'm dispatching
        > CGI-based SOAP messages to. This package is returning raw XML. How
        > can I specify that the return content from this package should be
        > packaged, as is, in a SOAP Envelope? Currently I am getting back my
        > XML content, wrapped in a >s-gensym3< element, with ">" signs
        > converted
        > to "<".
        >
        > I noticed, and tried, the outputxml option from a client (SOAP::Lite),
        > which worked fine. How then can I implement this on the server?
        >
        > The C++ client I'm working with, is rightfully coughing on the
        > unexpected >s-gensym3< and "<" strings.
        >
        > Thanks
        >

        > Here's my CGI server/proxy:

        > use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;