Re: Properly Closing Soap::Transport::HTTP::Daemon

  • Eric Amick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      On 31 Jan 2004 09:51:51 -0000, you wrote:

      >I am using Soap::Transport::HTTP::Daemon to handle soap requests, and
      >I reguarly need to restart my server (i.e., when I make changes to the
      >functions that it exposes). What is the proper way to kill the server?
      >
      >Typically, the server leaves its port open for a long time after I've
      >killed it. When I try to restart the daemon, I get an error:
      > Can't create daemon: Address already in use at server line 16

      I don't think it has anything to do with how you kill the server. I
      believe you need to include ReuseAddr => 1 as a parameter to your new()
      call for creating the daemon. You might even need to include ReusePort
      => 1 as well.

      --
      Eric Amick
      Columbia, MD
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
        >>Typically, the server leaves its port open for a long time after I've
        >>killed it. When I try to restart the daemon, I get an error:
        >> Can't create daemon: Address already in use at server line 16
        >

        > I don't think it has anything to do with how you kill the server. I
        > believe you need to include ReuseAddr => 1 as a parameter to your new()
        > call for creating the daemon. You might even need to include ReusePort
        > => 1 as well.

        I had the same issue when I was writing the basic server class for my XML-RPC
        package (RPC::XML::Server). ReuseAddr should be enough, I don't use ReusePort.

        Randy
        Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

        Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org