Properly Closing Soap::Transport::HTTP::Daemon

  • Jordan Erenrich
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2004
      I am using Soap::Transport::HTTP::Daemon to handle soap requests, and
      I reguarly need to restart my server (i.e., when I make changes to the
      functions that it exposes). What is the proper way to kill the server?

      Typically, the server leaves its port open for a long time after I've
      killed it. When I try to restart the daemon, I get an error:
      Can't create daemon: Address already in use at server line 16

      How can I properly handly kill and int signals? Thanks,

      -Jordan
    • Eric Amick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
        On 31 Jan 2004 09:51:51 -0000, you wrote:

        >I am using Soap::Transport::HTTP::Daemon to handle soap requests, and
        >I reguarly need to restart my server (i.e., when I make changes to the
        >functions that it exposes). What is the proper way to kill the server?
        >
        >Typically, the server leaves its port open for a long time after I've
        >killed it. When I try to restart the daemon, I get an error:
        > Can't create daemon: Address already in use at server line 16

        I don't think it has anything to do with how you kill the server. I
        believe you need to include ReuseAddr => 1 as a parameter to your new()
        call for creating the daemon. You might even need to include ReusePort
        => 1 as well.

        --
        Eric Amick
        Columbia, MD
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
          >>Typically, the server leaves its port open for a long time after I've
          >>killed it. When I try to restart the daemon, I get an error:
          >> Can't create daemon: Address already in use at server line 16
          >

          > I don't think it has anything to do with how you kill the server. I
          > believe you need to include ReuseAddr => 1 as a parameter to your new()
          > call for creating the daemon. You might even need to include ReusePort
          > => 1 as well.

          I had the same issue when I was writing the basic server class for my XML-RPC
          package (RPC::XML::Server). ReuseAddr should be enough, I don't use ReusePort.

          Randy
          Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

          Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org