soap v1 support

  • amoore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2004
      Hello -

      I'm working with an (apparently rather ancient) IBM redback server
      and a SOAP::Lite client. The server consistantly responds with "SOAP
      Version Mismatch - require :soap.v1" messages. It apparently is
      looking for SOAP-ENV="urn:schemas-xmlsoap-org:soap.v1". While it is
      my understanding that SOAP::Lite doesn't support this version
      (anymore?), I would like to find a solution to this problem.

      Does anyone have any recommendations on communicating with this
      server, preferably with SOAP::Lite, or at least with perl?

      Thanks,
      Andy
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2004
        SOAP::Lite does not recognize that namespace as it is no longer in compliance with the specification. According to the 1.1 spec:
        A SOAP message MUST have an Envelope element associated with the "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" namespace. If a message is received by a SOAP application in which the SOAP Envelope element is associated with a different namespace, the application MUST treat this as a version error and discard the message.
        I am not sure what to tell you... except to encourage you to update your SOAP server. :-(

        If however this is absolutely necessary one could override the envelope's namespace with the following code:

        BEGIN {
            $SOAP::Constants::NS_ENV = "
        urn:schemas-xmlsoap-org:soap.v1";
        }

        Yikes.

        amoore wrote:

        Hello -

        I'm working with an (apparently rather ancient) IBM redback server
        and a SOAP::Lite client. The server consistantly responds with "SOAP
        Version Mismatch - require :soap.v1" messages. It apparently is
        looking for SOAP-ENV="urn:schemas-xmlsoap-org:soap.v1". While it is
        my understanding that SOAP::Lite doesn't support this version
        (anymore?), I would like to find a solution to this problem.

        Does anyone have any recommendations on communicating with this
        server, preferably with SOAP::Lite, or at least with perl?

        Thanks,
        Andy

        Yahoo! Groups Links