SOAP::Data vs WSDL::Generator

  • John Walstra
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2004
      I need to generate a WSDL for a .Net client.

      At first my perl package was returning value by a simple return. I
      could generate a WSDL file using WSDL::Generator, although I had to
      hand edit it to get it to work right. The problem was the .Net
      client didn't know what to do with the return types, from what it
      got, so everything was considered an object.

      So I started to play with SOAP::Data to try to format the data
      better. That removed at lot of the hacks I was going to the WSDL
      file, however it can't generate a WSDL this way. I get a
      segmentation fault when it calls WSDL::Generator's "get" method.

      For example, the SOAP call is suppose to return a simple string. On
      my test script, that connects to the server, it works. However in my
      script to generate a WSDL, it returns ...

      $VAR1 = bless( {
      '_value' => [
      '0000000096d999b6845cee28c530323725674c64'
      ],
      '_signature' => [],
      '_name' => 'session_id',
      '_attr' => {}
      }, 'SOAP::Data' );

      Any one else get WSDL::Generator working when return data formated
      by SOAP::Data.

      (btw: I'm in charge of the perl side, so I don't know much on
      the .Net stuff. )
    • John Walstra
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2004
        ok, got it to work. Had to @ISA SOAP::Server::Parameters.

        However not I get this in my WSDL file, and it's not what I want.

        <xsd:complexType name="loginResponse">
        <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="_value" type="xsd:xsdl:myelement0" />
        <xsd:element name="_signature" type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="_type" type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="_attr" type="xsd:xsdl:myelement1" />
        <xsd:element name="_name" type="xsd:string" />
        </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>

        It should just be a string named "session_id."

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "John Walstra" <jwalstra@s...>