Perl Hash to non-perl clients?

  • Christopher Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2004
      I've written a SOAP::Lite-powered Web service and now I'm coming across a crossroads. I'm not sure
      what direction I should be taking now.

      My Web service interfaces with a MySQL database, and I'm returning an array of hashrefs for any of
      my SELECT queries (via selectrow_hashref).

      If I return this, and call it with a SOAP-capable language, should it be automagically transformed
      into the proper XML and ready to access with my, say, Visual Basic client, Perl client, C++
      client, or whatever?

      I've been looking for substantial documentation on SOAP::Data, but can't seem to really find
      anything.

      Should I keep looking through my copy of "Programming Web Services with Perl"?

      Thanks.