Re: I posted earlier, this time i will try and make sense

  • cynicalearth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2004
      Point 2, I have now worked out.

      Still can't get point 1 though

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "cynicalearth" <forums@c...> wrote:
      > Ok, I have progressed a lot further. I still have two issues -
      >
      > 1. I still can't get the namespace "m0" into the envolope, i have
      > been looking at the module and trying every method possible but
      still
      > seem to be bangin my head against the wall.
      > 2. Is there anyway not to show the xsd types?
      >
      > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
      > > Aaaah. This is a much better question. Your problem is something
      > that will
      > > be fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite. In the next release,
      > > namespaces can be registered globally, and namespaces can be
      > searched by
      > > prefix and uri as to avoid namespace proliferation. In the
      > meantime, there
      > > is a work around. You need to modify the root element of the
      > request, and
      > > specify namespaces and namespace prefixes manually. Check out the
      > > following article on majordojo to learn how:
      > >
      > > http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html
      > >
      > > > I need to create some XML that looks like this -
      > > >
      > > > xmlns:m0="m0:NAMESPACE"SOAP-ENV:Headerm:LoginHeader

      xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m0:username/m0:usernamem0:password/m0:password/m:
      > LoginHeader/SOAP-ENV:HeaderSOAP-ENV:Bodym:SearchHotels

      xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m:sDestination/m:sDestinationm:sHotelName/m:sHote
      > lName
      > >

      > > ^byrne :/
    • cynicalearth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2004
        I forgot to include this in the post below.... my code currently
        looks like this but it doesn't give me what i need

        $soap = SOAP::Lite
        -> autotype(0)
        -> namespace("m0")
        -> xmlschema('http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema')
        -> uri($ns2)
        -> on_action(sub{sprintf '%s/%s', @_ })
        -> proxy($proxy);

        $method = SOAP::Data->name("SearchHotels")->prefix("m")->uri($ns1);
        And then i have all the parameter stuff.... but that all looks lovely

        what i need is an envelope that looks like this -

        <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
        xmlns:m0="http://tourico.com/travelservices/">

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "cynicalearth" <forums@c...> wrote:
        > Point 2, I have now worked out.
        >
        > Still can't get point 1 though
        >
        > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "cynicalearth" <forums@c...> wrote:
        > > Ok, I have progressed a lot further. I still have two issues -
        > >
        > > 1. I still can't get the namespace "m0" into the envolope, i have
        > > been looking at the module and trying every method possible but
        > still
        > > seem to be bangin my head against the wall.
        > > 2. Is there anyway not to show the xsd types?
        > >
        > > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
        > > > Aaaah. This is a much better question. Your problem is
        something
        > > that will
        > > > be fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite. In the next release,
        > > > namespaces can be registered globally, and namespaces can be
        > > searched by
        > > > prefix and uri as to avoid namespace proliferation. In the
        > > meantime, there
        > > > is a work around. You need to modify the root element of the
        > > request, and
        > > > specify namespaces and namespace prefixes manually. Check out
        the
        > > > following article on majordojo to learn how:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html

        xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m0:username/m0:usernamem0:password/m0:password/m:
        > > LoginHeader/SOAP-ENV:HeaderSOAP-ENV:Bodym:SearchHotels

        xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m:sDestination/m:sDestinationm:sHotelName/m:sHote
        > > lName
        > > >

        > > > ^byrne :/
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2004
          I don't mean to be hard headed, but placing the NS declaration in the
          Envelope and in the method call is functionally equivalent.

          I say that only to underscore how odd the behavior is.

          To get your XML even closer to what is "expected" by the server, I might
          try adding the correct ns prefix to every element in the method.

          Honestly, I am using voodoo here, as I am not sure why .NET will not parse
          the request properly.

          BTW - what is the SOAP Fault coming back from .NET?

          The behavior you are looking for is available in CVS and will be released
          with SOAP::Lite 0.65.

          > I forgot to include this in the post below.... my code currently
          > looks like this but it doesn't give me what i need
          >
          > $soap = SOAP::Lite
          > -< autotype(0)
          > -< namespace("m0")
          > -< xmlschema('http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema')
          > -< uri($ns2)
          > -< on_action(sub{sprintf '%s/%s', @_ })
          > -< proxy($proxy);
          >
          > $method = SOAP::Data-byrne@m...< wrote:
          > < < < Aaaah. This is a much better question. Your problem is
          > something
          > < < that will
          > < < < be fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite. In the next release,
          > < < < namespaces can be registered globally, and namespaces can be
          > < < searched by
          > < < < prefix and uri as to avoid namespace proliferation. In the
          > < < meantime, there
          > < < < is a work around. You need to modify the root element of the
          > < < request, and
          > < < < specify namespaces and namespace prefixes manually. Check out
          > the
          > < < < following article on majordojo to learn how:
          > < < <
          > < < < http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html
          > < < <
          > < < < < I need to create some XML that looks like this -
          > < < <
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > To visit your group on the web, go
          > to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/