Re: I posted earlier, this time i will try and make sense

  • cynicalearth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2004
      Ok, I have progressed a lot further. I still have two issues -

      1. I still can't get the namespace "m0" into the envolope, i have
      been looking at the module and trying every method possible but still
      seem to be bangin my head against the wall.
      2. Is there anyway not to show the xsd types?

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
      > Aaaah. This is a much better question. Your problem is something
      that will
      > be fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite. In the next release,
      > namespaces can be registered globally, and namespaces can be
      searched by
      > prefix and uri as to avoid namespace proliferation. In the
      meantime, there
      > is a work around. You need to modify the root element of the
      request, and
      > specify namespaces and namespace prefixes manually. Check out the
      > following article on majordojo to learn how:
      >
      > http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html
      >
      > > I need to create some XML that looks like this -
      > >
      > > xmlns:m0="m0:NAMESPACE"SOAP-ENV:Headerm:LoginHeader

      xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m0:username/m0:usernamem0:password/m0:password/m:
      LoginHeader/SOAP-ENV:HeaderSOAP-ENV:Bodym:SearchHotels

      xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m:sDestination/m:sDestinationm:sHotelName/m:sHote
      lName

      > ^byrne :/
    • cynicalearth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2004
        Point 2, I have now worked out.

        Still can't get point 1 though

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "cynicalearth" <forums@c...> wrote:
        > Ok, I have progressed a lot further. I still have two issues -
        >
        > 1. I still can't get the namespace "m0" into the envolope, i have
        > been looking at the module and trying every method possible but
        still
        > seem to be bangin my head against the wall.
        > 2. Is there anyway not to show the xsd types?
        >
        > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
        > > Aaaah. This is a much better question. Your problem is something
        > that will
        > > be fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite. In the next release,
        > > namespaces can be registered globally, and namespaces can be
        > searched by
        > > prefix and uri as to avoid namespace proliferation. In the
        > meantime, there
        > > is a work around. You need to modify the root element of the
        > request, and
        > > specify namespaces and namespace prefixes manually. Check out the
        > > following article on majordojo to learn how:
        > >
        > > http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html
        > >
        > > > I need to create some XML that looks like this -
        > > >
        > > > xmlns:m0="m0:NAMESPACE"SOAP-ENV:Headerm:LoginHeader

        xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m0:username/m0:usernamem0:password/m0:password/m:
        > LoginHeader/SOAP-ENV:HeaderSOAP-ENV:Bodym:SearchHotels

        xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m:sDestination/m:sDestinationm:sHotelName/m:sHote
        > lName
        > >

        > > ^byrne :/
      • cynicalearth
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2004
          I forgot to include this in the post below.... my code currently
          looks like this but it doesn't give me what i need

          $soap = SOAP::Lite
          -> autotype(0)
          -> namespace("m0")
          -> xmlschema('http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema')
          -> uri($ns2)
          -> on_action(sub{sprintf '%s/%s', @_ })
          -> proxy($proxy);

          $method = SOAP::Data->name("SearchHotels")->prefix("m")->uri($ns1);
          And then i have all the parameter stuff.... but that all looks lovely

          what i need is an envelope that looks like this -

          <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
          xmlns:m0="http://tourico.com/travelservices/">

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "cynicalearth" <forums@c...> wrote:
          > Point 2, I have now worked out.
          >
          > Still can't get point 1 though
          >
          > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "cynicalearth" <forums@c...> wrote:
          > > Ok, I have progressed a lot further. I still have two issues -
          > >
          > > 1. I still can't get the namespace "m0" into the envolope, i have
          > > been looking at the module and trying every method possible but
          > still
          > > seem to be bangin my head against the wall.
          > > 2. Is there anyway not to show the xsd types?
          > >
          > > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
          > > > Aaaah. This is a much better question. Your problem is
          something
          > > that will
          > > > be fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite. In the next release,
          > > > namespaces can be registered globally, and namespaces can be
          > > searched by
          > > > prefix and uri as to avoid namespace proliferation. In the
          > > meantime, there
          > > > is a work around. You need to modify the root element of the
          > > request, and
          > > > specify namespaces and namespace prefixes manually. Check out
          the
          > > > following article on majordojo to learn how:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html

          xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m0:username/m0:usernamem0:password/m0:password/m:
          > > LoginHeader/SOAP-ENV:HeaderSOAP-ENV:Bodym:SearchHotels

          xmlns:m="m:NAMESPACE"m:sDestination/m:sDestinationm:sHotelName/m:sHote
          > > lName
          > > >

          > > > ^byrne :/
        • Byrne Reese
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2004
            I don't mean to be hard headed, but placing the NS declaration in the
            Envelope and in the method call is functionally equivalent.

            I say that only to underscore how odd the behavior is.

            To get your XML even closer to what is "expected" by the server, I might
            try adding the correct ns prefix to every element in the method.

            Honestly, I am using voodoo here, as I am not sure why .NET will not parse
            the request properly.

            BTW - what is the SOAP Fault coming back from .NET?

            The behavior you are looking for is available in CVS and will be released
            with SOAP::Lite 0.65.

            > I forgot to include this in the post below.... my code currently
            > looks like this but it doesn't give me what i need
            >
            > $soap = SOAP::Lite
            > -< autotype(0)
            > -< namespace("m0")
            > -< xmlschema('http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema')
            > -< uri($ns2)
            > -< on_action(sub{sprintf '%s/%s', @_ })
            > -< proxy($proxy);
            >
            > $method = SOAP::Data-byrne@m...< wrote:
            > < < < Aaaah. This is a much better question. Your problem is
            > something
            > < < that will
            > < < < be fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite. In the next release,
            > < < < namespaces can be registered globally, and namespaces can be
            > < < searched by
            > < < < prefix and uri as to avoid namespace proliferation. In the
            > < < meantime, there
            > < < < is a work around. You need to modify the root element of the
            > < < request, and
            > < < < specify namespaces and namespace prefixes manually. Check out
            > the
            > < < < following article on majordojo to learn how:
            > < < <
            > < < < http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html
            > < < <
            > < < < < I need to create some XML that looks like this -
            > < < <
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            > To visit your group on the web, go
            > to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/