Re: [soaplite] SOAPLite is it my answer?

  • Tim Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2004
      At 02:22 AM 01/15/04, you wrote:
      >Hi All,
      >
      >Wonder if anyone can advise me on SOAP a little.
      >
      >Have just signed up to be a partner with a company and they
      >offer an XML web service The web service provides limited
      >access to information in a database. Heres the fun part: I have
      >no idea how to get at this info... I'm not a programmer but know
      >a bit of PHP and can set up a simple html site.

      Ask them for a client app. or a library that plugs into something you know how to use. Web services have not reached the "here's my interface, call it", stage in the general case, and it's naive to say they have. Fact is different Web svc. platforms implement and interpret SOAP differently, often making them incompatible with each other. Tell their partner support folks you need the client side tools to be successful. I would give the w.s. approach, being much more dynamic, a shot over file exchange. If they just won't help you, hire a consultant and charge them for the solution.
      TW