Getting started with Linux--remote call works, but not on localhost

  • obc_spike
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2004
      I've done a few Unix-to-.NET web services recently, but this is my
      first Linux-to-Linux version and I can't get past hello world.

      Installed: apache from source, mod_perl, SOAP::Lite and dependencies

      Client code (/root/clients/hibye.pl):

      #!perl -w
      use SOAP::Lite;

      #Host and proxy
      my $NS = "urn:Test";
      my $HOST = "http://localhost/cgi-bin/hibye.cgi";

      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri($NS)
      -> on_action(sub { return $NS })
      -> proxy($HOST)
      -> hi()
      -> result;

      Server code (/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/hibye.cgi, chmod 755):

      #!perl -w
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Test')
      -> handle;

      package Test;

      sub hi {
      return "hello, world";
      }

      Result: 500 Internal Server Error at hibye.pl line 13

      Apache is up and running, all otherwise seems well. The error seems to
      indicate a problem with the hibye.cgi code, but I can't see it for the
      life of me. Any ideas?

      Thanks, Matthew