Re: [soaplite] Need Suggestions To Pull Data From Active Process

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2004
      I might suggest, although I would appreciate other ideas and/or feedback,
      to have the running process open up a socket that it listens on. This
      socket could be used in conjunction with SOAP::Transport::TCP, or you
      could spawn an HTTP daemon...

      In any event, this port would be your mechanism for sharing data between
      different perl processes. The other process would obviously be the client
      to the process running the daemon.

      > All:
      >
      > I have a SOAP client that pulls a hash (hash reference actually) from
      > a remote SOAP server. I can make this work currently if the hash data
      > is generated in subroutine being called. If I want to pull data from
      > an already running process I'm assuming that I need to create a new
      > SOAP module and pull the data from the already-running process into
      > the new SOAP module. I tried doing this with IPC::Shareable, but it
      > appears that the shared memory doesn't like to get manipulated by a
      > remote process. Can somebody suggest the common techniques for
      > pullling data from a pre-existing process via SOAP calls?
      >
      > I appreciate the suggestions.
      >
      > Steve
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      > To visit your group on the web, go