Re: [soaplite] trace always on, even when I don't ask for it

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2004
      That is very odd behavior. Are you using/requiring any Perl libraries
      which might also 'use SOAP::Lite'? I ask because if a library turns on
      debugging, then it will turn it on for all other scripts also using
      SOAP::Lite.

      > Folks,
      >
      > I've tried this on different machines (WinXP w/ ActivePerl 8xx; Linux
      > w/ Perl 5.8.2; WinXP w/ cygwin perl 5.8.2) with the same result.
      >
      > Whether I just do 'use SOAP::Lite;' or 'use SOAP::Lite +trace =< [qw
      > (fault)];' or any other way... it traces 'all' calls.
      >
      > It's getting annoying now -- my script is almost done, and yet I
      > can't seem to be able to turn off the debugging output. And if I
      > redirect STDERR to /dev/null, I will not be able to use any 'warns'
      > or 'dies' -- at least, they won't be very useful. Redirecting STDERR
      > to a logfile doesn't help much, as it grows rather rapidly.
      >
      > I am using v 0.55 on WinXP ActivePerl and v 0.60 on the other two
      > machines. Any ideas as to how I can silent the trace to only what I
      > want?
      >
      > -SK.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      > To visit your group on the web, go
      > to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/
      > to:soaplite-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ^byrne :/
    • deepblah
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2004
        Byrne,

        That was it! I am using SOAP::Data::Builder, and it has 'use
        SOAP::Lite ( +trace => all, maptype => {});' defined in
        .../SOAP/Data/Builder.pm.

        I should've known. Thanks a lot for the pointer.

        -SK.