Need Suggestions To Pull Data From Active Process

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2003
      All:

      I have a SOAP client that pulls a hash (hash reference actually) from
      a remote SOAP server. I can make this work currently if the hash data
      is generated in subroutine being called. If I want to pull data from
      an already running process I'm assuming that I need to create a new
      SOAP module and pull the data from the already-running process into
      the new SOAP module. I tried doing this with IPC::Shareable, but it
      appears that the shared memory doesn't like to get manipulated by a
      remote process. Can somebody suggest the common techniques for
      pullling data from a pre-existing process via SOAP calls?

      I appreciate the suggestions.

      Steve
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2004
        I might suggest, although I would appreciate other ideas and/or feedback,
        to have the running process open up a socket that it listens on. This
        socket could be used in conjunction with SOAP::Transport::TCP, or you
        could spawn an HTTP daemon...

        In any event, this port would be your mechanism for sharing data between
        different perl processes. The other process would obviously be the client
        to the process running the daemon.

        > All:
        >
        > I have a SOAP client that pulls a hash (hash reference actually) from
        > a remote SOAP server. I can make this work currently if the hash data
        > is generated in subroutine being called. If I want to pull data from
        > an already running process I'm assuming that I need to create a new
        > SOAP module and pull the data from the already-running process into
        > the new SOAP module. I tried doing this with IPC::Shareable, but it
        > appears that the shared memory doesn't like to get manipulated by a
        > remote process. Can somebody suggest the common techniques for
        > pullling data from a pre-existing process via SOAP calls?
        >
        > I appreciate the suggestions.
        >
        > Steve
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > To visit your group on the web, go