Re: Viewing incoming soap envelope and XML - from server side CGI

  • jpeyser
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26, 2003
      I would like to mention another way of displaying the XML without
      modifying any code. (Not as sophisticated or flexible as Maurice
      McCabe's solution [Message 3222]).

      There is a module Debug::Trace (Johan Vromans) on CPAN. It will print
      call and return information for specified subroutines. Since, for a
      SOAP::Lite server, the incoming XML is an argument to the
      SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize routine and the outgoing XML is the
      output of the SOAP::Serializer::envelope routine, Debug::Trace will
      display both.

      Assuming daemon.pl is the server module, the following command will
      print the trace information for the two subroutines.

      perl -MDebug::Trace=":indent(1)",
      SOAP::Serializer::envelope,SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize daemon.pl

      Jonathan

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice McCabe" <mmccabe@o...>