Extracting base64 value on server side

  • Craig (of course)
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2003
      Using the SOAP::Deserializer I can see that the incoming XML looks
      like the following,
      but am unable to extract the value of the base64 item (shiffy).
      Should I actually see
      the value when displaying the XML, or do I have to do something else
      to extract it? As
      you can see, it appears to be empty, but I do see the value leaving
      the client.

      Thanks for any help or ideas!

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <m:song xmlns:m="http://www.mydomain.com/Music">
      <shitfer xsi:type="xsd:string">Nightclubbing by Iggy
      Pop</shitfer>
      <shiffy xsi:type="xsd:base64"></shiffy>
      </m:song>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2003
        I would use the MIME::Base64 package to decode and encode base 64 values.
        You may also need to override the encoding namespace in SOAP::Lite. There
        was a very recent thread on this group about how to do this that you might
        find helpful.