RE: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite and Proxies

  • michael watson (IAH-C)
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2003
      >This is a subtle but nasty bug you've found, here. One I never noticed while
      >writing the book, nor do I imagine Paul himself has come across it.
      >
      >If you set the proxy the way you're supposed to for ordinary calls, that same
      >proxy *isn't* used when SOAP::Lite tries to fetch the service WSDL description
      >itself.
      >
      >This doesn't explain why your environment variable isn't helping, though. Is
      >the service running under a different UID, like, say, the webserver?

      Ummm, I am not sure what you mean. The service, 'http://soap.genome.ad.jp/KEGG.wsdl',
      is running at a remote server and is not within my control....
    • michael watson (IAH-C)
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2003
        I am both amazed, overjoyed and disappointed at the same time ;-)
        This line in my perl script solved my problem:

        $ENV{HTTP_proxy} = "http://wwwcache.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080";

        Note that HTTP is in capitals. If i put it in lower case, it won't work.

        A rather odd little feature.... :-)

        Thanks
        Mick

        > Can't connect to soap.genome.ad.jp:80 (connect: timeout)

        This is a subtle but nasty bug you've found, here. One I never noticed while
        writing the book, nor do I imagine Paul himself has come across it.

        If you set the proxy the way you're supposed to for ordinary calls, that same
        proxy *isn't* used when SOAP::Lite tries to fetch the service WSDL description
        itself.

        This doesn't explain why your environment variable isn't helping, though. Is
        the service running under a different UID, like, say, the webserver?

        Randy
        Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

        Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org