Re: [soaplite] Soap and memory use

  • Randy J. Ray
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003
      > I''ve written an application which processes XML-Files retrieving via
      > SOAP and writes the infos to a database.
      > When my soapserver (only a hand full code) starts, it consumes ca. 6
      > MB Ram. With every processed XML, the allocated memory increases
      > about 500k. When the swap is full (after some days), the kernel kills
      > the soapserver.

      You don't mention which part is written with SOAP::Lite (client or server),
      and which part is having memory problems (client or server).

      You referred to the XML parser as Xerces, which is the Apache project's Java
      XML parser. If this is the source of the problem, you aren't going to be able
      to fix it in Perl. Can you give us more information?

      Randy
      Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

      Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org
    • Jens Puruckherr
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003
        "Randy J. Ray" <rjray@...> writes:

        >You don't mention which part is written with SOAP::Lite (client or
        >server),
        >and which part is having memory problems (client or server).

        The server has the problem.

        >You referred to the XML parser as Xerces, which is the Apache
        >project's Java
        >XML parser. If this is the source of the problem, you aren't going
        >to be able
        >to fix it in Perl. Can you give us more information?

        I'm using Xerces-p, the perl-port of the c++-version of xerces. It is
        the only way for me, to parse the xml against their schema.
        After the initial valiadation of the xml, I use a DOM-object for
        creating a individual applikation-object from the xml-data.
        There ist exactly one xml to be processed at once, after every run I
        undef the $parser- and the DOM-object manually - but it didn't help.

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen

        Jens Puruckherr