Fwd: Header of type anyURI

  • Tod Harter
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
      It seems that a header of type xsd:anyURI will always cause a deserialization
      error with the exception stating that the type is unknown (IE something like
      'Unrecognized type {<namespace>}anyURI' is thrown by deserialize()). I really
      do not follow the crazy logic by which the deserializer picks which
      'as_<type>' methods to invoke, but it obviously isn't invoking the proper
      ones... It doesn't seem to matter which SOAP encoding namespace I use, any of
      the legitimate ones fail equally.

      Perusing the tests in t/08-schema.t it appears there is a test to see that a
      BAD URI will cause a deserialization error, but I see NO test to check that a
      GOOD URI deserializes correctly! Obviously it doesn't!

      Replacing lines 1990-1991 in SOAP::Lite with
      $res = $value unless defined $res;
      at least stops the unwanted exception being thrown, but it also sabotages
      some legitimate tests...

      --
      Tod Harter
      Giant Electronic Brain
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        When you see this error message:

        "Unrecognized type {}anyURI" you typically would see a namespace URI in
        the brackets, like this: "Unrecognized type {urn:foo}anyURI" - so when a
        ns uri is absent, it leaves me to believe that something is wrong on the
        client side - *something* is not resolving the namespace to the XSD schema
        to use.

        Look carefully at the client, and/or post some sample code/trace output
        and let's see what we learn from that.

        > It seems that a header of type xsd:anyURI will always cause a
        > deserialization
        > error with the exception stating that the type is unknown (IE something
        > like
        > 'Unrecognized type {>namespacetype

        ^byrne :/