Re: [soaplite] XMLRPC::Lite server date encoding

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2003
      At 07:30:55 on 2003-11-22 Michael P. Wilson <mpwilson1969@...> wrote:

      >Hya,
      >
      >I'm stuck with a bit of a quandary I'm having a difficult time finding
      >my way out of.
      >
      >I've a simple method returning a 'struct' but I need to encode one of
      >the entries as an iso8601 but I've not the faintest idea how to go
      >about it.
      >
      >I've dug through the docs and examples pretty thoroughly I think. But
      >I must've missed something.
      >
      >Any pointers?

      Neither SOAP::Lite not XMLRPC::Lite will do any formatting of values
      for you so you need to format the date/time yourself, something like
      "1998-05-12T10:20Z"
      Something like this should help:

      SOAP::Data
      ->name("somename")
      ->type("xsd:dateTime")
      ->value("1998-05-12T10:20Z");

      Regards
      Duncan
    • Stephane Bortzmeyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2003
        On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 10:32:51AM +0000,
        Duncan Cameron <duncan_cameron2002@...> wrote
        a message of 46 lines which said:

        > Neither SOAP::Lite not XMLRPC::Lite will do any formatting of values
        > for you

        But HTTP::Date will do it.

        > ->value("1998-05-12T10:20Z");

        ->value(time2isoz($mytime)); # Untested