Re: Sample Code for .NET Client/SOAPLite Server passing arrays?

  • jpeyser
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20 5:30 PM
      Yes, a working example would be enlightening. Or else,
      a list of all the messages that contained the pieces of the
      puzzle :).

      Thanks
      Jonathan

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice McCabe" <mmccabe@o...>
      wrote:
      > I finally figured it out. I am now able to send an array of complex
      type
      > back to a .NET client from a SOAPLite server. The answer was firmly
      buried,
      > like a puzzle, in the list. Thanks to those who have contributed to
      the
      > list.
      >
      > Had to 'Literalize' the SOAP message being returned from the
      SOAPLite server
      > using 'LiteralSerializer' (contributed on list), which inherits
      from the
      > xmlize() and envelope() methods to filters out everything that
      breaks a .NET
      > client (including fixing the namespace problem). Great job! This
      was a life
      > saver.
      >
      > Then it was simply a matter of building the actual message and
      returning it.
      > The approach I took (there may be better ways), was to explicitly
      build the
      > array of complex type from a regular array (or hash) using
      SOAP::Data and
      > return that.
      >
      > Works like a champ for me. I haven't completed all testing yet, but
      the new
      > serializer may be breaking the original perl client I was using.
      May need to
      > figure how to switch the serializer in and out based on the SOAP
      toolset
      > being used in the client side (which can be found in the envelope
      header).
      > But I am done for now.
      >
      > I now have a WSDL available for connecting to my SOAP server
      from .NET that
      > returns a complex array/hash. Phew!
      >
      > I guess in this case the 'truth is out there'. You just have
      to 'feel the
      > list' out.
      >
      > Anyone interested in seeing a working example? I can put one
      together for
      > the list.
      >
      > SOAPLite is an amazing piece of work and I look forward to seeing
      this
      > interoperate more smoothly for arrays of complex types with .NET
      and other
      > toolkits.
      >
      > Maurice

      Service.
    • Alasdair Allan
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21 3:31 AM
        > Anyone interested in seeing a working example? I can put one together for
        > the list.

        Yep, a working example would be good. If you write a good explanation of
        whats going on here up maybe Bryne can drop it one the new SOAP::Lite
        website? Is there a HOWTO section? There probably should be... ;)

        Cheers,
        Al.
        --
        Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter