Re: FW: [soaplite] TIME_WAIT for daemon

  • Michael Brutsch
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2001
      > I've noticed that while using the HTTP::Daemon version of SOAP::LITE the
      > sockets go into TIME_WAIT for quite some time before expring. I've had
      > this problem with some C socket code in which there was still
      > information
      > in the buffer to be delivered after the other end closed the connection.
      > Is there some call I need to make to flush a connection, or should I

      We had a similar situation, which was (apparently) resolved by adding
      'Reuse => 1' to the Daemon->new() call:

      -> new (LocalAddr => 'localhost',
      LocalPort => 10000,
      Reuse => 1)

      If you try this, let us know how it works out. (I'm always curious
      whether my kludges work for other people :)

      Michael Brutsch
      mbrutsch@...
    • Craig Kelley
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2001
        On Mon, 14 May 2001, Michael Brutsch wrote:

        > > I've noticed that while using the HTTP::Daemon version of SOAP::LITE the
        > > sockets go into TIME_WAIT for quite some time before expring. I've had
        > > this problem with some C socket code in which there was still
        > > information
        > > in the buffer to be delivered after the other end closed the connection.
        > > Is there some call I need to make to flush a connection, or should I
        >
        > We had a similar situation, which was (apparently) resolved by adding
        > 'Reuse => 1' to the Daemon->new() call:
        >

        > my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
        > -> new (LocalAddr => 'localhost',
        > LocalPort => 10000,
        > Reuse => 1)
        >
        > If you try this, let us know how it works out. (I'm always curious
        > whether my kludges work for other people :)

        Works great! Thanks.

        The problem I was having was that upon stopping the SOAP server, I would
        need to wait about 30 seconds before I could start it back up ("port
        already in use" error message). Needless to say, that would lead to
        changing over to a web browser in the mean time and would waste countless
        minutes checking the status of my new iBook500.. :)

        --
        It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
        Craig Kelley -- kellcrai@...