Using SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache, gensym and dump response

  • ItsDude
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
      I'm a bit of a newbie using SOAP::Lite and trying to
      maintain/enhance some existing code :)

      1. What I really need to do is substitute the c-gensymNN element
      returned within response, I understand this has been discussed in
      length SOAP, but I dont know how to do it within my XML SOAP
      handler, will I have to "customise" serialisation?
      2. I would also like to dump response from "dispatcher"

      Code snippets:-

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache
      -> dispatch_to(undef, qw
      (Company::Project::Listener::Dispatcher));

      my $response = $server->handle(@_);

      #This does not work
      print "Response received from dispatcher :: " . Dumper($response);

      # Tried using something like this?
      # print $response->dataof('//SendMessageResponse/???

      # Need to get rid of those dam gensym elements here
      return $response;

      Hope someone can help without me having to change to much as the
      dispatcher handles XML-RPC and XML-SOAP calls.

      SADude
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2003
        Read the following article and let me know if it helps - it discusses how
        to get rid of gensym...

        http://builder.com.com/5100-6389-1045078.html

        > I'm a bit of a newbie using SOAP::Lite and trying to
        > maintain/enhance some existing code :)
        >
        > 1. What I really need to do is substitute the c-gensymNN element
        > returned within response, I understand this has been discussed in
        > length SOAP, but I dont know how to do it within my XML SOAP
        > handler, will I have to "customise" serialisation?
        > 2. I would also like to dump response from "dispatcher"
        >
        > Code snippets:-
        >
        > my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache
        > -< dispatch_to(undef, qw
        > (Company::Project::Listener::Dispatcher));
        >
        > my $response = $server-

        ^byrne :/