SOAP::Lite client and gSOAP server

  • Paul Harman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2003
      Has anyone got any experience writing a SOAP::Lite client that talks to a
      gSOAP server?

      I've used stubmaker.pl to create stub functions from my gSOAP-generated WSDL
      file, and this works fine... for methods that have simple input and output
      parameters (such as integers and strings). However, it doesn't seem to work
      very well for the methods that take and return complex data structures.

      I've got myself rather dizzy reading through the SOAP::Lite man pages and
      the half-completed documentation on the web site... but managed to make a
      small amount of progress when I abandoned the stubmaker-generated library
      and started to roll my own commands using call() and SOAP::Data

      The trouble is I'm getting really confused, and I'm getting some very odd
      behaviour. For example: I've switched trace on, and I've noticed that none
      of the generated XML elements corresponding to method names have got the
      right namespace... and me playing around with attr() only seems to make
      things worse.

      Is anyone on this list prepared to give a complete SOAP::Lite newbie a
      helping hand?

      Paul

      This E-Mail and any attachment is intended only for the person or entity for
      which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are not
      the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, please inform the
      sender immediately and delete it from your computer. In addition, if you are
      not the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, any disclosure,
      upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
      If this E-Mail has been transmitted outside the ordinary course of its
      business, the company for which the sender works accepts no liability for
      any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from any use of or
      reliance on information contained in this E-Mail, and any opinion expressed
      in this E-Mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of
      such company. Although the network operator makes every reasonable effort to
      keep its network free from viruses, neither the network operator nor the
      sender or the company for which the sender works accepts any responsibility
      for computer viruses transmitted through this E-Mail or any attachments; it
      is your responsibility to virus scan this E-Mail and any attachments. Any
      E-Mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring
      for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.