wsdl2perl checked in

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2003
      I wanted to inform the SOAP::Lite community, that the first checkin of the
      wsdl2perl utility has been made. It has not been packaged for distribution
      yet, as it is still in a pre-alpha phase... and will most likely not work
      for most people - if not all.

      The utility uses Perl's Template module to generate client side (and
      ultimately server side as well) code stubs for call a SOAP based Web
      service using SOAP::Lite.

      This effort is serving as major point of feedback to SOAP::Lite itself and
      will be informing future development efforts.

      Until the module stablizes, all future discussion should take place on the
      SOAP::Lite developer mailing list:
      soaplite-devel@...

      I checked in the module to CVS on sourceforge. To retrieve it, run the
      following cvs command:

      > export CVS_RSH=ssh;
      > cvs -d:ext:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/soaplite co wsdl2perl

      The code has not yet appeared in the browsable CVS repos. online, but I
      imagine it just takes a little time.

      Anyway, that's it. I am just pleased to let the community know that
      development continues.

      ^byrne :/