Possible bug in SOAP::Lite?

  • perlmedian
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
      I am using Perl 5.6.1 with SOAP::Lite 0.55, it seems that if the
      server with the SOAP service is unreachable, that the SOAP::Lite
      module dies instead of returning a fault response.

      Is there a reason it dies instead of returning a fault? Will this be
      fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite?

      Is there a work around to prevent it from dying?

      Any and all information is appreciated.

      Thank you,
      Nik
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
        At 21:19:04 on 2003-11-14 perlmedian <perlmedian@...> wrote:

        >I am using Perl 5.6.1 with SOAP::Lite 0.55, it seems that if the
        >server with the SOAP service is unreachable, that the SOAP::Lite
        >module dies instead of returning a fault response.
        >
        >Is there a reason it dies instead of returning a fault? Will this be
        >fixed in the next release of SOAP::Lite?
        >
        >Is there a work around to prevent it from dying?
        >
        >Any and all information is appreciated.

        I think that this has been asked a few times before. A fault is returned from the server, in your case it is the LWP::User::Agent (I think) that is dieing. You need to wrap your call within an eval{} block and handle the exception.

        Regards
        Duncan