Re: [soaplite] xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:base64 or how to transport bytestreams

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2003
      Let me suggest you use an attachment. It is a much easier solution than
      trying to embed a base64 encoded file into some XML.

      Use SOAP::Lite v0.60, or SOAP::Lite v0.55 with SOAP::MIME. Even though the
      two toolkits are merged in 0.60, the code samples are the same:

      http://www.majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/

      > I banished the thought of making object oriententated programminig in
      > SOAP. But problems still stay. :)
      >
      > So sending data to the server runs perfect. I'm sending the data in
      > great perl hashes wich SOAP::Lite convert verry well.
      >
      > So, the server has to send the client a file (or lets say a bytestream)
      > in some cases.
      > I saw no examples they describe a way to do this.
      > I think i need a filed with type xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:base64".
      >
      > (My real part is the client, but i have to implement a testserver since
      > there is no real server. Other people has to implement the real server
      > towards my specification...)
      >
      > Thank you again :)
      >
      > PS: I did'nt saw my last post apper at the list. You neither?
      >
      > --
      > Tilman Baumann
      >
      > pyramid computer GmbH
      > Boetzinger Strasse 60 D-79111 Freiburg
      >
      > ----------------------------------
      > They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
      > deserve
      > neither liberty or security
      > - Benjamin Franklin
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      ^byrne :/
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2003
        Duncan is right - you need to extend SOAP::Server::Parameters. There is a
        good article that provides these code samples:

        http://builder.com.com/5100-6389-1046624.html
        http://builder.com.com/5100-6389-1052448.html

        > Well, i think i 'm in the know now. Mostly...
        >

        > I have still one single Problem. How do i access parts at the serverside
        > when they are like a array.
        >
        > Like this: (Code at the clients side)
        > (it's not necessary to understnad the german words... :) )
        > SOAP::Data-

        ^byrne :/