connect to local host

  • Shiming Dong
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
      Hi:

      I tried to use soap::lite to connecto the local
      server. In the client side, I use:

      use SOAP::Lite;

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://csbl.bmb.gaa.edu/Blast')
      ->proxy('http://localhost/fileserver/home/pipeline/hello.cgi');

      But it always told me that :

      406 Not acceptable at ./client.pl line 29.

      I think that's the problem of the proxy, since if I
      change the proxy into another web server, it works. My
      server file stored on: /fileserver/home/pipeline/

      Thanks!

      shiming

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
        At 19:39:49 on 2003-11-07 Shiming Dong <dong_sm@...> wrote:

        >Hi:
        >
        >I tried to use soap::lite to connecto the local
        >server. In the client side, I use:
        >
        >use SOAP::Lite;
        >
        >my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        > -> uri('http://csbl.bmb.gaa.edu/Blast')
        >->proxy('http://localhost/fileserver/home/pipeline/hello.cgi');
        >
        >But it always told me that :
        >
        >406 Not acceptable at ./client.pl line 29.
        >
        >I think that's the problem of the proxy, since if I
        >change the proxy into another web server, it works. My
        >server file stored on: /fileserver/home/pipeline/

        Well, have a look and see what HTTP code 406 means. I would guess that
        you haven't got your web server configured properly.

        Is 'http://localhost/fileserver/home/pipeline/hello.cgi' the correct
        URL for invoking a cgi on your web server?

        Regards
        Duncan