how to connect to a local server cgi file

  • dong_sm
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
      Hi there:

      I put my cgi file under the directory: fileserver/home/soap/blast.cgi,
      and in the client file, I use the soap:lite to connect as follows:

      use SOAP::Lite;

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->uri('http://csbl.bmb.uga.edu/Blast')
      ->proxy('file://fileserver/home/soap/blast.cgi');

      But it always told me that:

      %Unsupported protocol 'FILE'

      What shall I use in my client file and my server file?

      Thank you!

      shiming
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
        A CGI file can only be processed within the context of a web server that
        supports CGI capabilities. You cannot simply point SOAP::Lite at a file
        with .cgi extension. You can however create an HTTP daemon. Check out
        http://www.soaplite.com/ for code samples.

        > Hi there:
        >
        > I put my cgi file under the directory: fileserver/home/soap/blast.cgi,
        > and in the client file, I use the soap:lite to connect as follows:
        >
        > use SOAP::Lite;
        >
        > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        > -http://csbl.bmb.uga.edu/Blast')
        > -
        >
        > But it always told me that:
        >
        > %Unsupported protocol 'FILE'
        >
        > What shall I use in my client file and my server file?
        >
        > Thank you!
        >
        > shiming
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        ^byrne :/