TIME_WAIT for daemon

  • Craig Kelley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2001
      I've noticed that while using the HTTP::Daemon version of SOAP::LITE the
      sockets go into TIME_WAIT for quite some time before expring. I've had
      this problem with some C socket code in which there was still information
      in the buffer to be delivered after the other end closed the connection.
      Is there some call I need to make to flush a connection, or should I just
      move it over to apache (I really like the persistent state and simplicity
      of the built-in daemon though).

      -Craig

      PS: Here's a listing from netstat:

      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37454 TIME_WAIT
      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37453 TIME_WAIT
      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37452 TIME_WAIT
      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37451 TIME_WAIT
      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37450 TIME_WAIT
      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37460 TIME_WAIT
      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37459 TIME_WAIT
      tcp 0 0 localhost.localdom:1983 localhost.localdo:37465 TIME_WAIT

      (and this is from a relativly simple transaction)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2001
        Hi, Craig!

        --- Craig Kelley <kellcrai@...> wrote:
        > I've noticed that while using the HTTP::Daemon version of
        > SOAP::LITE the
        > sockets go into TIME_WAIT for quite some time before expring. I've
        There was a similar question answered on SOAP list and here is the
        link:

        http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0105&L=soap&D=0&O=D&P=9840

        Let me know if there is not enough information.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/