Re: [soaplite] Newbie Question: Datatype/namespaces

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
      It looks to me like you need to encode an array, which is not done as you
      might expect in SOAP::Lite.

      You need to create a data structure like this:

      <getResearchList>
      <name0></name0>
      <name1>
      <item>
      <foo />
      <bar />
      </item>
      </name1>
      </getResearchList>

      I am pretty sure the following code will produce that structure:

      $client->getResearchList(
      SOAP::Data->name('name0' => 'abcd'),
      SOAP::Data->name('name1' => \SOAP::Data->value(
      SOAP::Data->name('item' => \SOAP::Data->value(
      SOAP::Data->name('foo' => '123'),
      SOAP::Data->name('bar' => '456')
      )
      )
      )

      If I am wrong let me know.

      > I'm in trouble with sending information to a server.
      >
      > In the wsdl file I use, definition of method is:
      >
      > - >;wsdl:message name="getResearchListRequest"
      > >;wsdl:part name="name0" type="xsd:string" /
      > >;wsdl:part name="name1" type="tns2:ArrayOffString"
      > /
      > >;wsdl:part name="name2" type="tns2:ArrayOffint" /
      > >;wsdl:part name="name3" type="tns2:ArrayOffString"
      > /
      >

      > I'm sending request:
      >

      > #!/usr/local/bin/perl
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      >
      > my $svc = SOAP::Lite-http://......');
      > my $resp1 = $svc-
      > SOAP::Data-
      > SOAP::Data-
      > SOAP::Data-
      > SOAP::Data-
      > SOAP::Data-
      > ]));
      >

      > But server returns an error:
      >
      >>;soapenv:Fault
      > >;faultcode;/faultcode
      > >;faultstring
      > [Ljava.lang.Object; -&gt; class java.lang.String)>;/faultstring
      > >;detail/
      > >;/soapenv:Fault
      >
      > I don't know what datatype should I use

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor