Re: .NET client, SOAP::Lite server, null response

  • Kalvir Sandhu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hey,

      I had this same problem, I need to see your whole
      wsdl file to check your schema definition under the <types>.

      Make sure 'CustomerSummary' is set as the name attribute for that
      element defined under the response type. Cause otherwise the names
      conflict with the returned xml document and nothing is parsed.

      Send the wsdl file if you don't understand what i'm on about.

      Kalv.

      Web Developer.
      Complinet.

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "yrls2web" <yrls2web@y...> wrote:
      > I am trying get a .NET ASP page to call a SOAP::Lite server. I have
      > the client issuing a request and the server responding, but when
      the
      > response gets unmarshaled the result is just a null (no exceptions).
      >
      > This client actually needs to talk to both a .NET web service as
      well
      > as a SOAP::Lite web service. The client is able to interpret the
      > following .NET web service response properly and displays the data:
      >
      > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
      > - <soap:Envelope
      > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      > - <soap:Body>
      > - <searchCustomersResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">
      > - <searchCustomersResult>
      > - <CustomerSummary>
      > <id>34226</id>
      > <firstName>Joe</firstName>
      > <lastName>Soap</lastName>
      > <orderTotal>29.01</orderTotal>
      > </CustomerSummary>
      > </searchCustomersResult>
      > </searchCustomersResponse>
      > </soap:Body>
      > </soap:Envelope>
      >
      > However, although the .NET client also appears to receive the
      > following response from the SOAP Lite server ok (no exceptions), it
      > does not return the data (but rather a null).
      >
      > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      > - <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-
      > instance" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap
      .org/soap/encoding/"
      > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema" SOAP-
      > ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      > - <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      > - <namesp1:searchCustomersResponse
      > xmlns:namesp1="http://nomad.trcprojects.trcinc.com/CustomerService">
      > - <searchCustomerResult>
      > - <CustomerSummary>
      > <id xsi:type="xsd:int">123</id>
      > <firstName xsi:type="xsd:string">Joe</firstName>
      > <lastName xsi:type="xsd:string">Smith</lastName>
      > <orderTotal xsi:type="xsd:double">12.34</orderTotal>
      > </CustomerSummary>
      > </searchCustomerResult>
      > </namesp1:searchCustomersResponse>
      > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      > </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
      >
      > The .NET web reference is based on a WSDL that I created to publish
      > the interface of the SOAP Lite server. This WSDL has <s:schema
      > elementFormDefault="qualified"
      > targetNamespace="http://nomad.trcprojects.trcinc
      .com/CustomerService">
      > ... so I don't believe the xmlns attribute on se
      archCustomersResponse