SMTP transport and XML

  • cdufaza@polydeme.fr
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2001
      Hi all,

      I'm trying to set up a system using Apache SOAP (JAVA) server side,
      and SOAP::Lite (Perl) client side.

      I've got a working HTTP endpoint, and a working Perl client using HTTP
      transport.

      My problem is that for some reasons, I need to use SMTP transport.

      My client is something like this :

      use SOAP::Lite;
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('urn:WebConfirming')
      -> proxy('mailto:soap@...',
      smtp => 'safi.polydeme.fr',
      From => 'cdufaza@...',
      Subject => 'SOAP request' );

      my $soap_response = $soap -> hello('John B. Good');

      Using this, it appears that the mail sent from Perl code is compound
      of something like raw data (like AE23F456EF545....), while server side
      (SMTP2HTTP bridge) expect to receive XML tree, leading to XML parsing
      exception on server side.

      My question is fairly simple : how can I make client side sending XML
      mail when using SMTP transport ? Or, another solution, do you know
      about a server side encoding (specified in deployment descriptor) that
      will perform marshalling compatible with the mail sent from perl side
      ?

      Any response or pointer will be much appreciated.

      thanx all.

      duf.