Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Bad envelope namespace

Expand Messages
  • Jørgen Austvik
    Hi. We have a strange SOAP problem that shows up from time to time. On the server side we use SOAP::Lite 0.55 on a IIS web server using the latest PerlEx for
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi.

      We have a strange SOAP problem that shows up from time to time.

      On the server side we use SOAP::Lite 0.55 on a IIS web server using the
      latest PerlEx for (ActiveState) Perl 5.6. On the client side we use Java
      and Apache AXIS 1.1.

      Sometimes we get the "org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
      http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope" error on the client (full trace
      at the end of this mail), and nothing works. After we restart the
      web-server thing work for a random period of time. Since it works most
      of the time, then suddenly stops to work until we reload the web-server,
      we suspect SOAP::Lite, perhaps together with PerlEx to be the reason for
      our problems.

      Since it is the SAX parser that bugs, we suspect something fishy with
      the generated XML.

      We're not sure, but the problem might have started after we added the
      following code:
      --
      my $encoded = pack('U*', unpack 'C*', $string);
      return SOAP::Data->type(string => "$encoded");
      --
      to support norwegian characters (æ, ø and å) in all our text-strings.

      Has anybody seen something like this?
      Has anybody had success with SOAP::Lite and Apache AXIS?
      Does anybody have some debugging-advices so that we can investigate the
      problem a little further?

      --
      AxisFault
      faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
      faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
      http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope
      faultActor: null
      faultDetail:
      stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
      http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope
      at
      org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(EnvelopeBuilder.java:117)
      at
      org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:926)
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
      at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
      at
      org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:237)
      at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:545)
      at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:379)
      at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2395)
      at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2365)

      --

      Jørgen Austvik

      Software developer | extend as | http://www.extend.no/
      jorgen@... | Phone: 73 54 51 68 | Mob: 901 97 886
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.