SOAP-response problems

  • tisc_swo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2003
      Hi, I have some problems handling the response from a certain
      SOAP-call. The response contains several elements, and the format is
      basically as below, though the original response is much more complex.

      The question is how on earth can i run through this, first handling
      the 1 connectionProperties element (and all the <item>s beneath this,
      and then move on. I have managed to get valueof working, looping
      throught all the <item>s, but when multiple <connectionProperties> are
      returned, i cans seeme to do this on both <connectionProperties> & <item>.

      Any help is appreciated......

      --
      Stig Woxholt

      *********************** response format ********************
      <checkLineResponse>
      <connectionProperties>
      <addressInformation>
      <floor>2</floor>
      </addressInformation>
      <elementb>
      <item>
      <linestatusCode>100</linestatusCode>
      <lineStatusText>Testing</lineStatusText>
      </item>
      <item>
      <linestatusCode>101</linestatusCode>
      <lineStatusText>Testing1</lineStatusText>
      </item>
      <item>
      <linestatusCode>102</linestatusCode>
      <lineStatusText>Testing2</lineStatusText>
      </item>
      </elementb>
      </connectionProperties>
      <connectionProperties>
      <addressInformation>
      <floor>6</floor>
      </addressInformation>
      <elementb>
      <item>
      <linestatusCode>100</linestatusCode>
      <lineStatusText>Testing</lineStatusText>
      </item>
      <item>
      <linestatusCode>101</linestatusCode>
      <lineStatusText>Testing1</lineStatusText>
      </item>
      <item>
      <linestatusCode>102</linestatusCode>
      <lineStatusText>Testing2</lineStatusText>
      </item>
      </elementb>
      </connectionProperties>
      </checkLineResponse>
    • Thomas Eden
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2003
        Stig,

        Basically, you want to use $som->dataof, but loop through using a numeric
        reference as opposed to name reference - the trick here is realizing that
        $som->match('//checkLineResponse/[1]') will match the first element under
        checkLineResponse, whereas
        $som->match('//checkLineResponse/connectionProperties') will match ALL
        connectionProperties elements under checkLineResponse.

        I had posted previously about processing arrays of arrays, which is
        basically what you have here. See messages 3039, 3046-8 and 3050. Thanks to
        Duncan Cameron for his assistance.

        Thom Eden