Re: [soaplite] How do I create an optional string?

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2003
      <xsd:complexType name="Fullname">
      <xsd:all>
      <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="firstname"
      type="xsd:string"/>
      <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="lastname"
      type="xsd:string"/>
      </xsd:all>
      </xsd:complexType>

      You were on the right track in a previous method where you defined a
      data type. That is one way anyway...

      On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 22:46, gnawed wrote:
      > If I have a method that takes two strings, but only the first one is
      > required:
      >
      > setName(lastname, firstname)
      >
      > How do I convey that in the WSDL file? Do I need to create a new
      > type? Or can I use minOccurs/maxOccurs in the <message><part>...
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > click here

      Byrne Reese <byrne@...>
    • gnawed
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2003
        Thanks for the quick reply.

        Actually, I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve a "wrapper"
        element, i.e. your solution would change my original call into
        something like:

        setName(aFullname)

        where 'aFullname' is of type Fullname.

        I want to have a call like:

        setName(lastname, firstname)

        where both params are strings, but the WSDL file will define the
        input message as having an optional 2nd param.

        Is this possible? Is it necessary? i.e. can I call this method w/o
        the firstname and not get an error?

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Byrne Reese <byrne@m...> wrote:
        > <xsd:complexType name="Fullname">
        > <xsd:all>
        > <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="firstname"
        > type="xsd:string"/>
        > <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="lastname"
        > type="xsd:string"/>
        > </xsd:all>
        > </xsd:complexType>
        >
        > You were on the right track in a previous method where you defined a
        > data type. That is one way anyway...
        >
        > On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 22:46, gnawed wrote:
        > > If I have a method that takes two strings, but only the first one
        is
        > > required:
        > >
        > > setName(lastname, firstname)
        > >
        > > How do I convey that in the WSDL file? Do I need to create a new
        > > type? Or can I use minOccurs/maxOccurs in the <message><part>...
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > > click here

        Service.