Re: [soaplite] Segfault

  • Mark Cance
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2003
      Hi,

      I've gone back and done a clean install of everything. Once again apache,
      mod_perl and my other apps work fine but when I issue a request to my
      service via Apache::SOAP I get a seg fault in my apache logs.

      I have no idea what's the cause. Byrne I tried to hook into a http process
      and debug without much luck; I did a 'top', got a PID of a httpd process and
      tried to run it, either the process STATE=stop or gdb returned 'No
      executable file specified' after typing run... Forgive me for sounding
      stupid but I'm a gdb newbie!!

      Any ideas on the cause would be really welcome as this has me really
      scratching my head!!

      Here's how I compiled apache/mod_ssl and mod_perl, (this setup has worked
      for me many times in the past)

      #config mod_ssl
      $ cd mod_ssl-2.8.x-1.3.x
      $ ./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26
      $ cd..

      #mod_perl
      $ cd mod_perl-1.27
      $ perl Makefile.PL \
      #EVERYTHING=1 \
      #USE_APACI=1 \
      #DYNAMIC=1 \
      #APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache \
      #APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.26/src \
      #DO_HTTPD=1 \
      #APACI_ARGS="--enable-module=so --enable-shared=info --enable-shared=proxy
      --enable-shared=rewrite --enable-shared=log_agent"
      $ make
      $ make install

      #apache
      $ cd ../apache_1.3.26
      $ SSL_BASE=SYSTEM \
      ./configure \
      --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
      --enable-module=ssl \
      --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
      --enable-module=perl \
      --enable-module=so \
      --enable-shared=info \
      --enable-shared=proxy \
      --enable-shared=rewrite \
      --enable-shared=log_agent
      $ make
      $ make install

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2003
        Mark,

        The only things that comes to mind is to look at the "Apache is
        crashing with segfaults" section:
        http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/SOAP-Lite/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.html#TROUBLESHOOTING

        Best wishes, Paul.

      • Mark Cance
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15, 2003
          Thanks Paul, seems to hint towards a similar problem I will compile
          everything again tomorrow with the --disable-rule=EXPAT flag.

          Cheers,
          Mark.

        • Mark Cance
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2003