Re: [soaplite] Attachments

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
      Try this variant which in another example...

      foreach my $part (${$som->parts}) {
      print $part->stringify;
      }

      However, it LOOKS like $som->parts is undefined all together, which would
      probably produce the same error. Have you verified that the server is
      receiving a MIME message? Meaning have you traced what the client is
      sending and receiving?

      > Hi,
      >
      > Can anyone give me a working example for sending and receiving
      > attachments using SOAP::Lite, please? I have followed the example at
      > http://majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/samples and seem to be successful in
      > sending attachments from the client. How does the server receive them?
      >
      > sub test {
      > my $self = shift;
      > my $envelope = pop;
      >
      > foreach my $part (@{$envelope-
      > print STDERR "test.cgi: attachment found!
      > (".ref($$part).")\n";
      > }
      >
      > my $num_parts = $envelope-
      > print STDERR $num_parts;
      >
      > The above is part of my server code.
      > I get a faultstring: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
      > and $num_parts is 1 while the envelope is of type SOAP::SOM
      > I use Perl 5.8.0, SOAP::Lite 0.6.0 and MIME::Tools 5.411
      >
      > Am I missing soemthing obvious here?
      >
      > Regards,
      > JS.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      ^byrne :/
    • jigsaw9876
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2003
        Hi,

        That didn't quite work either.
        I have tracing at the client side (I don't think I know/understand how
        to start tracing at server side though I have read various messages on
        that subject :-( ) And this is what it looks like:

        First line
        Second line
        Last line
        SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST
        http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.cgi HTTP/1.1
        Accept: text/xml
        Accept: multipart/*
        start="<main_envelope>"; boundary="----------=_1062759837-19441-0";
        charset=utf-8
        SOAPAction: "Test#test"

        ------------=_1062759837-19441-0

        <SOAP-ENV:Body><namesp1:test
        xmlns:namesp1="Test"/></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
        ------------=_1062759837-19441-0

        First line
        Second line
        Last line

        ------------=_1062759837-19441-0--

        SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
        Server Error
        Connection: close
        Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:03:57 GMT
        Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.0
        Client-Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:03:57 GMT
        Client-Response-Num: 1
        SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60

        <SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
        <faultstring>Can't use an undefined value as a ARRAY reference at
        Test.pm line 16.
        </faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        Any ideas?

        TIA,
        JS

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
        > Try this variant which in another example...
        >
        > foreach my $part (${$som->parts}) {
        > print $part->stringify;
        > }
        >
        > However, it LOOKS like $som->parts is undefined all together, which
        would
        > probably produce the same error. Have you verified that the server is
        > receiving a MIME message? Meaning have you traced what the client is
        > sending and receiving?

      • jigsaw9876
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2003
          Hi,

          Can anyone provide me with a working piece of code sending and receiving
          attachments using soaplite, please? I am quite new to perl/soaplite, so could be
          making some obvious mistakes. Would appreciate any help. Should I resort to Axis?

          Thanks.
          JS