Attachments

  • jigsaw9876
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hi,

      Can anyone give me a working example for sending and receiving
      attachments using SOAP::Lite, please? I have followed the example at
      http://majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/samples and seem to be successful in
      sending attachments from the client. How does the server receive them?

      sub test {
      my $self = shift;
      my $envelope = pop;

      foreach my $part (@{$envelope->parts}) {
      print STDERR "test.cgi: attachment found! (".ref($$part).")\n";
      }

      my $num_parts = $envelope->parts(0);
      print STDERR $num_parts;

      The above is part of my server code.
      I get a faultstring: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
      and $num_parts is 1 while the envelope is of type SOAP::SOM
      I use Perl 5.8.0, SOAP::Lite 0.6.0 and MIME::Tools 5.411

      Am I missing soemthing obvious here?

      Regards,
      JS.
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
        Try this variant which in another example...

        foreach my $part (${$som->parts}) {
        print $part->stringify;
        }

        However, it LOOKS like $som->parts is undefined all together, which would
        probably produce the same error. Have you verified that the server is
        receiving a MIME message? Meaning have you traced what the client is
        sending and receiving?

        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anyone give me a working example for sending and receiving
        > attachments using SOAP::Lite, please? I have followed the example at
        > http://majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/samples and seem to be successful in
        > sending attachments from the client. How does the server receive them?
        >
        > sub test {
        > my $self = shift;
        > my $envelope = pop;
        >
        > foreach my $part (@{$envelope-
        > print STDERR "test.cgi: attachment found!
        > (".ref($$part).")\n";
        > }
        >
        > my $num_parts = $envelope-
        > print STDERR $num_parts;
        >
        > The above is part of my server code.
        > I get a faultstring: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
        > and $num_parts is 1 while the envelope is of type SOAP::SOM
        > I use Perl 5.8.0, SOAP::Lite 0.6.0 and MIME::Tools 5.411
        >
        > Am I missing soemthing obvious here?
        >
        > Regards,
        > JS.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        ^byrne :/
      • jigsaw9876
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2003
          Hi,

          That didn't quite work either.
          I have tracing at the client side (I don't think I know/understand how
          to start tracing at server side though I have read various messages on
          that subject :-( ) And this is what it looks like:

          First line
          Second line
          Last line
          SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST
          http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.cgi HTTP/1.1
          Accept: text/xml
          Accept: multipart/*
          start="<main_envelope>"; boundary="----------=_1062759837-19441-0";
          charset=utf-8
          SOAPAction: "Test#test"

          ------------=_1062759837-19441-0

          <SOAP-ENV:Body><namesp1:test
          xmlns:namesp1="Test"/></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
          ------------=_1062759837-19441-0

          First line
          Second line
          Last line

          ------------=_1062759837-19441-0--

          SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
          Server Error
          Connection: close
          Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:03:57 GMT
          Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.0
          Client-Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:03:57 GMT
          Client-Response-Num: 1
          SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60

          <SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
          <faultstring>Can't use an undefined value as a ARRAY reference at
          Test.pm line 16.
          </faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

          Any ideas?

          TIA,
          JS

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
          > Try this variant which in another example...
          >
          > foreach my $part (${$som->parts}) {
          > print $part->stringify;
          > }
          >
          > However, it LOOKS like $som->parts is undefined all together, which
          would
          > probably produce the same error. Have you verified that the server is
          > receiving a MIME message? Meaning have you traced what the client is
          > sending and receiving?

        • jigsaw9876
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2003
            Hi,

            Can anyone provide me with a working piece of code sending and receiving
            attachments using soaplite, please? I am quite new to perl/soaplite, so could be
            making some obvious mistakes. Would appreciate any help. Should I resort to Axis?

            Thanks.
            JS