AW: [soaplite] SOAP::SOM question

  • Manessinger Andreas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2003
      This one crops up every once in a while, I had to search myself :-)

      Let your handler module inherit from SOAP::Server::Parameters, i.e. simply put that into your @ISA array, and - voilà - you've got an additional parameter after the hash. This parameter is a real SOAP::SOM object. It's not as easy to navigate as the hash, but it gives you access not only to repeating elements but also to attributes.

      The rule is: use the hash for simple parameters without attributes, use the SOM object in all other cases. As you get both, you may even mix these two styles, using the SOM object only for what you can't get out of the hash.

      Hope that helps

      ----
       Dipl.Ing. Andreas Manessinger  -  CCT / Competence Center Telematik
       Magistrat der Stadt Wien, Magistratsabteilung 14 - ADV,
       Rathausstr. 1, A-1082 Wien
       E-Mail: man@...
       Tel: (+43 1) 4000-91176
       Fax: (+43 1) 4000-99-91176