Re: [soaplite] (unknown)

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27 6:38 PM
      Can't be of direct help to you for Windows, but for linux you have to
      install OpenSSL. I imagine the same is true for Windows. I would consult
      the INSTALL file, or the README file that comes with the CryptSSLeay
      package. Not the answer you wanted to hear obviously... but if one of you
      windows user's on the newsgroup could point you in the right direction -
      that would be much appreciated. :)

      > Hello All,
      >
      > I'm really, really new to SOAP-Lite so be patient.
      >
      > I just installed ActivePerl 5.6.1.635 on a W2K box and I think I need
      > to install Crypt::SSLeay because I see the following error when
      > trying to run a script:
      >
      > 500 Can't locate object method "new" via
      > package "LWP::Protocol::https::Socket"
      > (perhaps you forgot to load "LWP::Protocol::https::Socket"?)
      > at ./exportProject.
      > pl line 35
      >
      > When I try to install Crypt::SSLeay using ppm, I just get a message
      > saying it could not be found.
      >
      > Can anyone offer me any advise?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kathryn