really raw XML in SOAP body

  • gildir1
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2003
      Hi,

      Could you please help me with this:

      I want to put raw XML to the SOAP body using SOAP::Lite. I want to do
      get this SOAP request:

      <Envelope>
      <Header>
      </Header>
      <Body>
      <myCustomXMLtag a1="v1">
      </myCustomXMLtag>
      </Body>
      </Envelope>

      How to do this? I do not want any procedure call, just to send message
      like this and receive response.

      I have found the SOAP::Data->type('xml' => $xml_content) trick, but
      that will create XML data as a procedure call content. I want to
      create entire body, not just data.

      Thanks
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2003
        Setting the entire Body simply through an API call in not easily achieved.
        I am afraid you are going to have to do some hacking. :/

        So let me direct you to some resources that may help you, but I hope Paul
        chimes in, because he may know a trick I don't.

        You got the first trick down, the xml => etc.

        The second trick is to override the body element - and probably construct
        it manually... see the following:
        http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.html#000009

        Using a regex - you can strip the Body element out, and use its contents
        to rewrite the body element using SOAP::Lite API calls.

        It is not the most elegant. In the future, you will have at your
        disposable a much more flexible means of de-/serialization.

        > Hi,
        >
        > Could you please help me with this:
        >
        > I want to put raw XML to the SOAP body using SOAP::Lite. I want to do
        > get this SOAP request:
        >
        >>;Envelope
        > >;Header
        > >;/Header
        > >;Body
        > >;myCustomXMLtag a1="v1"
        > >;/myCustomXMLtag
        > >;/Body
        >>;/Envelope
        >
        > How to do this? I do not want any procedure call, just to send message
        > like this and receive response.
        >
        > I have found the SOAP::Data-
        > that will create XML data as a procedure call content. I want to
        > create entire body, not just data.
        >
        > Thanks
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        ^byrne :/