Help if you can

  • mzupan21
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23 10:01 AM
      I've written soap clients before but never
      anything this complicated. Here are the links

      PIRP: http://homer.meso.com/crap/PIRP_Schema_v1.xsd
      WSDL: http://homer.meso.com/crap/OperationsService.wsdl

      Here is a link to what the XML request is supposed to look like
      http://homer.meso.com/crap/getIntervalData_request.txt

      Here is my perl script

      http://homer.meso.com/crap/perl.txt

      This is what I get
      http://homer.meso.com/crap/getIntervalData_request.txt

      <faultstring>org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter
      'intervals': could not find deserializer for type
      ArrayOfOperationInterval</faultstring>

      for some reason that is wrong and for the life of me I canot figure
      out why.

      it almost seems like the wsdl file might be wrong.. but i think its
      in the perl
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24 8:59 AM
        If the schema and WSDL URL's you provided below are the permanent
        locations of these documents than I believe the answer is simple:

        * your schema import is failing because no schema exisits at the end of
        your WSDL's import statment.

        I tried loading:
        https://pirp.caiso.com/schemas/pirp/v1

        And nothing came up. I would also think that HTTPS is not the best
        protocol for storing the schema. :-/

        If the types never get defined, the deserializer will never work.

        > I've written soap clients before but never
        > anything this complicated. Here are the links
        >
        > PIRP: http://homer.meso.com/crap/PIRP_Schema_v1.xsd
        > WSDL: http://homer.meso.com/crap/OperationsService.wsdl
        >
        > Here is a link to what the XML request is supposed to look like
        > http://homer.meso.com/crap/getIntervalData_request.txt
        >
        > Here is my perl script
        >
        > http://homer.meso.com/crap/perl.txt
        >

        > This is what I get
        > http://homer.meso.com/crap/getIntervalData_request.txt
        >

        >>;faultstring
        > &apos;intervals&apos;: could not find deserializer for type
        > ArrayOfOperationInterval>;/faultstring
        >
        > for some reason that is wrong and for the life of me I canot figure
        > out why.
        >

        > it almost seems like the wsdl file might be wrong.. but i think its
        > in the perl
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        ^byrne :/
      • jigsaw9876
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
          Hi,

          Can anyone give me a working example for sending and receiving
          attachments using SOAP::Lite, please? I have followed the example at
          http://majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/samples and seem to be successful in
          sending attachments from the client. How does the server receive them?

          sub test {
          my $self = shift;
          my $envelope = pop;

          foreach my $part (@{$envelope->parts}) {
          print STDERR "test.cgi: attachment found! (".ref($$part).")\n";
          }

          my $num_parts = $envelope->parts(0);
          print STDERR $num_parts;

          The above is part of my server code.
          I get a faultstring: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
          and $num_parts is 1 while the envelope is of type SOAP::SOM
          I use Perl 5.8.0, SOAP::Lite 0.6.0 and MIME::Tools 5.411

          Am I missing soemthing obvious here?

          Regards,
          JS.
        • Byrne Reese
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
            Try this variant which in another example...

            foreach my $part (${$som->parts}) {
            print $part->stringify;
            }

            However, it LOOKS like $som->parts is undefined all together, which would
            probably produce the same error. Have you verified that the server is
            receiving a MIME message? Meaning have you traced what the client is
            sending and receiving?

            > Hi,
            >
            > Can anyone give me a working example for sending and receiving
            > attachments using SOAP::Lite, please? I have followed the example at
            > http://majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/samples and seem to be successful in
            > sending attachments from the client. How does the server receive them?
            >
            > sub test {
            > my $self = shift;
            > my $envelope = pop;
            >
            > foreach my $part (@{$envelope-
            > print STDERR "test.cgi: attachment found!
            > (".ref($$part).")\n";
            > }
            >
            > my $num_parts = $envelope-
            > print STDERR $num_parts;
            >
            > The above is part of my server code.
            > I get a faultstring: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
            > and $num_parts is 1 while the envelope is of type SOAP::SOM
            > I use Perl 5.8.0, SOAP::Lite 0.6.0 and MIME::Tools 5.411
            >
            > Am I missing soemthing obvious here?
            >
            > Regards,
            > JS.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            ^byrne :/
          • jigsaw9876
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2003
              Hi,

              That didn't quite work either.
              I have tracing at the client side (I don't think I know/understand how
              to start tracing at server side though I have read various messages on
              that subject :-( ) And this is what it looks like:

              First line
              Second line
              Last line
              SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST
              http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.cgi HTTP/1.1
              Accept: text/xml
              Accept: multipart/*
              start="<main_envelope>"; boundary="----------=_1062759837-19441-0";
              charset=utf-8
              SOAPAction: "Test#test"

              ------------=_1062759837-19441-0

              <SOAP-ENV:Body><namesp1:test
              xmlns:namesp1="Test"/></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
              ------------=_1062759837-19441-0

              First line
              Second line
              Last line

              ------------=_1062759837-19441-0--

              SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
              Server Error
              Connection: close
              Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:03:57 GMT
              Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.0
              Client-Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:03:57 GMT
              Client-Response-Num: 1
              SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60

              <SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
              <faultstring>Can't use an undefined value as a ARRAY reference at
              Test.pm line 16.
              </faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

              Any ideas?

              TIA,
              JS

              --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Byrne Reese" <byrne@m...> wrote:
              > Try this variant which in another example...
              >
              > foreach my $part (${$som->parts}) {
              > print $part->stringify;
              > }
              >
              > However, it LOOKS like $som->parts is undefined all together, which
              would
              > probably produce the same error. Have you verified that the server is
              > receiving a MIME message? Meaning have you traced what the client is
              > sending and receiving?

            • jigsaw9876
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2003
                Hi,

                Can anyone provide me with a working piece of code sending and receiving
                attachments using soaplite, please? I am quite new to perl/soaplite, so could be
                making some obvious mistakes. Would appreciate any help. Should I resort to Axis?

                Thanks.
                JS